Organic Goldie Ground Cherry - Physalis pruinosa
This tender perennial boasts an amazing amount of medicinal properties, all while causing a mouth watering sensation in your mouth! With a tart and sweet flavor, nothing will bring your taste buds more joy!
Some of its properties include:
- High Protein (approx 16%)
- Contains vitamins A, C, E, K1, B1, B2 & B3
- Antiviral & anticarcinogenic properties
- Maintains healthy cholesterol & glucose
- Drought Tolerant
- Pollinator Plant
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 4-6 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
- Seed Count: 20
- Days to Maturity: 50-60
- Plant Size: 36"-54"
Recommended to start indoors and transplant. Thin to healthiest seedlings. Will grow into a large bush in mild climates over winter. Add mulch at base. Drought tolerant. Tender perennial. Readily self-seeds with the help of birds.
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.