Organic Sweet Chocolate Pepper - Capsicum annuum
This rare beautiful sweet pepper matures early from deep green to a dark chocolate brown. A must see! Sweet Chocolate is tolerant of cool nights and sets heavy with medium sized, uniform, slightly elongated fruits. Its sweet, rich tasting thick flesh is wonderful fresh, as eye catcher in the veggie platter, in salads, does great stuffed and baked, nice in a sweet and sour recipe or casserole.
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 6-8 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
Seed Count: 25
- Days to Maturity: 58-80
- Plant Size: 24"-28"
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.
Seed packet Instructions: