Cherokee Sunset Black-Eyed Susan Rudibeckia hirta
Open-Pollinated Non-GMO Cherokee Sunset Black-Eyed Susan Seeds
These beautiful daisies are multi-colored in hues of orange, rust, yellow and saffron with a deep brown center. A winner of the AAS, we think this flower will not only be a winner in your garden, but will also be productive attract many pollinators!
- Sun: Full
- Seed Count: 30
- Days to Maturity: 100
- Plant Size: 24"-30"
- Attracts : Bees, song birds, beneficial insects
- Excellent for cut flowers
- Open Pollinated
Stratify seeds in refrigerator. Cover seed very lightly. Light is required for germination. Harden off transplants.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.