Organic Snowball Cauliflower Seeds - Brassica oleracea
Organic Non-GMO Open Pollinated Snowball Cauliflower Seeds
This tasty heirloom cauliflower, offers you everything you will expect from this classic brassica.
Introduced in 1947, this organic cauliflower has been offering gardeners all over dense nutrition with a nutty flavor and crisp texture.
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 4-6 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: 12 weeks before first fall frost date in mild climates only
- Seed Count: 100
- Days to Maturity: 75-85
- Plant Size: 24"-30"
This is a frost tolerant biennial, but grown as an annual. Can be direct seeded 12 weeks before first fall frost date in very mild climates. Enjoys being fertilized.
When starting seeds indoors, it is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking the seedlings outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are transplanted into the ground. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.