Organic Lemon Balm Seeds - Melissa officinalis
Organic Non-GMO Open-Pollinated Lemon Balm Seeds
A lovely soothing and potent herb known for imparting a lemon/citrus-scent and flavor. Originally from the Mediterranean and Asia, this versatile perennial has been used since ancient times for its culinary and medicinal
properties. Melissa comes from the Greek word "honeybee" and has been associated with power and even immortality Can be used fresh or dry in teas, baths, tonics, and even as an insect repellent. Naturally, lemon balm attracts bees!
- Seeds Count: 50
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Pollinators: hummingbirds, bees, and butterflies
- Drought Tolerant
- Plant Size: 18"-24"
- Sun: Full-partial
- Harvest : 70 days
Best harvested before flowering. Older leaves have a more potent flavor than young ones.
If starting seeds indoors, it is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.