Organic German chamomile - Matricaria recutita
This stunning annual is commonly known as chamomile and has been hailed for centuries for its soothing properties. Easily self-seeds, this lovely plant with beautiful petite flowers enhances any garden with its beauty. This native of Europe, Asia and Africa is very prolific and be used fresh or dried.
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 8-10 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
- Seed Count: 100
- Days to Maturity: 60-65
- Plant Size: 12"-20"
Thin to healthiest seedlings. Freely self-seeds. Dry flowers on a screen, out of the sun.
When starting seeds indoors, it is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.