Organic English Thyme Seeds - Thymus vulgaris
Organic Non-GMO Open-Pollinated English Thyme Seeds
This beautiful and hardy herb is amazingly aromatic and flavorful! A pretty and petite plant that makes a lovely border around and herb garden.
Tiny lavender flowers are loved by bees and other pollinators!
Perfect for flavoring both vegetables, soups, casseroles, meats, bread and of course pizza. Many do not think of it in sweet desserts but can compliment and highlight the flavors in tarts and cookies.
- Deer Resistant
- Sun: Full - Partial
- Indoors: 6-8 weeks before last frost
- Seed Count: 250
- Plant Size: 12"-18"
- Drought Tolerant
- Days to Maturity: 90
- Attracts : Bees, beneficial insects & native pollinators
Transplant after danger of frost has subsided. This perennial should be cut back in the winter to promote further growth.
When starting seeds indoors, it is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.