Ají Limón Pepper - Capsicum Baccatum
This flavorful, bright yellow pepper will catch your eye and delight your palate. The ají limón pepper will offer a
bountiful harvest and is an easy going grower. With a bright citrusy flavor and aroma, this spicy pepper is perfect for a beautiful and delicious yellow hot sauce or salsa!
Originally from Peru, this tangy pepper is also known as a Lemon Drop pepper and will be strong heat to any dish.
Ají (pronounced Ah-Hee) is hot pepper in Spanish and Limón (Pronouced: Lee-Mon) is Lemon!
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 6-8 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
- Seed Count: 15
- Days to Maturity: 80-100
- Plant Size: 36"-40"
- Open Pollinated
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.
Seed Packet Instructions: