Blush Tomato - Lycopersicum lycopersicum
Excellent sweet, fruity flavor. This stunning jeweled, bright yellow tomato has red stripes that appear as fruit develops.
Prolific fruit production.
Can be used in any recipe calling for tomatoes. Enjoy fresh, stewed, sautéed or in sauces!
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 6-8 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
- Seed Count: 20
- Days to Maturity: 64-75
- Plant Size: 4'-8'
- Open Pollinated
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.