Organic Shishito Hot Pepper Seeds - Capsicum annuum
Organic Open-Pollinated Non-GMO Shishito Hot Pepper Seeds
A Japanese heirloom pepper, known for it's superb flavor, wrinkled thin skin, producing perfect 3” fruit. It's unique characteristics with hints of heat enveloped in a sweet flavor, has made it versatile in kitchens all over the world.
Enjoy it roasted, in stir fry, tempura or sautéed in a medley as an appetizer, side dish or as an accent! Excellent raw in its red state on salads. Popular among chefs serving it blistered to perfection with an accompanying aioli. This pepper is a must for any gardener keen on bringing in unique and distinct flavors to the kitchen!
Heat is 100-1,000 SHU. Scoville heat units
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 8 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
- Seed Count: 25
- Days to Maturity: 60 day green; 80 days red
- Plant Size: 22"-30"
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.