Sebastopol Tomato - Lycopersicum lycopersicum
Originated from an elderly woman from Sebastopol, CA, who grew these for 70 years.
Big indeterminate, regular leaf, vigorous tomato plants that produce large 3/4" red cherry tomatoes. They are sweet tasting, with a spark of tart flavors. Delicious!
The Sebastopol is suited for cooler coastal regions, short season gardens and areas with foggy summer climates.
A wonderful salad tomato.
Rare tomato seed.
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 3-6 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
Seed Count: 25
- Days to Maturity: 64-70
- Plant Size: 4'-8' vine
Indeterminate. Bone meal is an ideal fertilizer. Mulch at base of plant. Use trellis or cage for support.
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.