Organic Black Hot Hungarian Pepper - Capsicum annuum
This pepper is a real beauty! And tasty too! Mildly hot jalapeño shaped shaped peppers ripen green to black and finally deep red. Delicious flavor. Wonderful purple flowers and dark green foliage with purple veins make this a wonderful edible ornamental. Relatively rare.
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 8 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
- Seed Count: 25
- Days to Maturity: 60-70
- Plant Size: 24" - 36"
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.