Fatalii Hot Pepper - Capsicum annuum
The hottest pepper we have! This Habanero-type heirloom originated from the Central African Republic. Delicious citrus flavor and few seeds. Golden-orange, three inch long fruits on very sturdy plants. Grow in a pot and overwinter inside. 250,000 - 300,000 Scoville heat units.
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 8 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
- Seed Count: 25
- Days to Maturity: 90
- Plant Size: 30"
- Open Pollinated
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted in the ground. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and prevent soil from drying out. Make sure they have not blown over