Organic Green Zebra Tomato - Lycopersicon lycopersicum
This is definitely a WOW tomato! Stunning with green and gold stripes.
Rich, sweet and a complex tart flavor. Adored by top chefs, specialty markets and home gardeners alike.
High yielding, vigorous plants. A fun name, too!
Fruits are around 3 oz. Does well in cooler weather.
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 6-12 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
- Seed Count: 25
- Days to Maturity: 75-80
- Plant Size: 3'-5' vine
Indeterminate. Bone meal is an ideal fertilizer. Mulch at base of plant. Use trellis or cage for support. Pinch flowers one month before first frost.
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.