Organic Purple Beauty Sweet Pepper - Capsicum annuum
The stunning specialty pepper is a sight to behold. The strong compact plants produce abundant large 4-lobed fruits. Peppers hold purple color well and then ripen to a deep reddish-purple. Interior is green and skin turns green when cooked.
Great fresh as a colorful addition to a veggie tray, salad, or sandwich with a sweet flavor and crisp tender texture. Also great as a stuffed pepper or any other dish calling for peppers.
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 6-8 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: No
- Seed Count: 25
- Days to Maturity: 70-85
- Plant Size: 24"-30"
Seeds should be planted indoors and kept in a dome with a heated mat for 4-8 weeks.
It is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.